Open Day Saturday 4th October 10.00am - 4.00pm
Bradford Grammar School is one of the oldest and most respected institutions in Bradford. The earliest records show that the school, sited close to the parish church, was already flourishing in the mid-sixteenth century. In 1662 the school was re-established by Royal Charter as the Free Grammar School of Charles II at Bradford,
for the better teaching, instruction and bringing up of children in grammar and good learning and to continue for that use forever.
Despite four and a half centuries of change, the aims of the school’s founders have endured. Yet during this time Bradford Grammar School has always been progressive. It was the first grammar school in England to be reorganised under the Forster Act of 1869, and in the twentieth century it became one of the country’s leading direct grant schools. In 1949 the school moved from the inner city to its present, extensive site at Frizinghall. It became independent in 1975 and fully co-educational in 1999. The school constantly reviews its facilities and new developments have included Sixth Form Centre, Swimming Pool , Music School, Sports Pavilion, Learning Link and Science Building.
The Bradford Grammar School of the twenty-first century is a school for girls and boys that is thoroughly modern. We look to the future with optimism; and aim to remain one of the country’s leading independent co-educational day schools.